Friday, December 20, 2013

Another Christmas tradition- Gingerbread houses

Each year is different. When I have a new baby or am pregnant, we use graham crackers. Other years, I make real gingerbread pieces. This year, however, Anne volunteered to take over the whole operation. She outdid me. She not only made real gingerbread, but she made a whole village.
 Anne made herself a fancy mansion, complete with gabled roof, sugar windows, and front porch.
We put Christmas lights inside to make the windows glow.


 
 Here is the church Anne made for Emma to decorate.
 This is the school, made by Anne and decorated by Elsa.


 Anne made regular houses for Caleb and Maelie to decorate.

I think I'll let Anne take over permanently!

2 comments:

Lara's blog said...

These are AWESOME Anne! You guys did a great job decorating them too. Too bad you ate them...;)

Marie said...

Oh, don't worry, Aunt Lara. We saved you the biggest one to eat for your birthday next August!