Monday, August 18, 2008


Hi! It's Anne again. My mom wants me to post about the chores that we have to do. When we get up in the morning I have to milk, and my brothers, Drew and Hyrum, have to do farm chores, which consists of feeding and watering all of our animals, except the cat. First they have to feed and water our chicks. Then they have to get our goats hay, and clean out and refill their water buckets. Next comes our laying chickens who have to have scratch grain, layer grain (for protein,) and oyster shell (if you want paper thin shells, don't feed your chickens oyster shell.)
Then we go inside and clean our rooms.
After we clean our rooms, we have to do our chores. Weekly we rotate between vacuuming the living room and hall, doing the bathrooms, and dusting the living room. On Fridays, we have what we call Friday Chores. It's when we do our deep clean of the house. Whoever vacuums has to vacuum the whole house, and sweep our hardwood flooring. Whoever does the bathrooms has to sweep and mop, clean the toilet, and scrub the bathtub. Whoever does dusting has to dust everything that collected dust during the week. Also, we have to do the baseboards and the door jams and the mudroom and the doors and the blinds and the sliding glass door and the mirrors and the windows.
Then we have breakfast. When breakfast is over, we clean the kitchen, whether or not washing is included. Also, did I mention that our dishwasher doesn't work? Yep, we're old-fashioned. We wash by hand.
After breakfast, we have to practice our instruments. I practice the Violin, and Emma does also. Drew and Hyrum play the Cello. We all play the Piano.
After all those chores, Sep. thru May we have school.
In Summer, we do outside work. like we work on our barn, our plants,ect.
My Dad says we don't have enough chores because we fight to often. I disagree. I think that we have more that enough chores. What do you think?
My mom says that all this work is good for us, and we should do it well. She uses the motto of the Spencer W. Kimball to teach us this, "Do it, Do it right, Do it right now."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Dad always told me if I didn't have chores I would get into too much trouble - he was right but I still managed to do my chores most of the time and still get into plenty of trouble :)

Spencer and Shreann said...

Hard work builds character. :)