Sunday, September 6, 2009




OK, I guess it's now or never.


I am going to learn to be an obituary writer through trial and error. Our youngest goat died yesterday. We were picking up our yard and we noticed that Lynnete(Nettie) was panting and not drinking any water. We changed her water and tried to force her to drink the water, but she just either couldn't or wouldn't. Mom told us to bring her to the front porch. We did, and mom handed Maelie to me and told me to take her inside. She said that if Nettie had a disease, she did not want Melody getting it and I don't blame her. Mom tried to feed Nettie a bottle, but she wouldn't take it. She passed away a few minutes after that. That evening, Drew and I went out and dug a nice little grave. We had a little funeral service, and quite a few tears were shed. Myself included. The kids went and picked a whole bunch of flowers(weeds) and spread them over the top of the grave. I know that she is just a goat, but we liked her. Bye

2 comments:

Spencer and Shreann said...

I'm so sorry about Nettie. I know that you guys loved her and she was so cute. I'm glad to see pictures of her.

Lara's blog said...

I'm sorry about your goat Anne (and the rest of the family). Thanks for posting pictures of her so we could see her and remember her.