Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rolls Recipe

So, judging from the title, you could interpret this post a couple of different ways.  You could look at it as this:

ROLLS
1 grassy hill
lots of kids

1.  Roll down the hill!



OR you could interpret it as this:

ROLLS
1 hard worker
a couple of years
maybe a little extra cash (optional)

1.  Work hard every business day for several years
2.  Buy your Rolls-Royce! (after all, this IS a pretty nice looking car...)


OR...

OR...

OR...

I can't think of any more 'OR's.  Can you tell?

Wait, here's one more.  

OR you can take the title for what it really is.  My Roll recipe. 
Your welcome.

ROLLS
2 c milk
1/2 c butter (NOT margarine)
1 t salt
2 T sugar
2 eggs
2 T yeast
5 c flour

(BTW, it really really helps if you have a BOSCH)

1.  Scald milk, add butter, salt and sugar, let cool.
2.  Dump in mixer, (or bowl), and add the yeast and the eggs
3.  Add flour and knead until dough is stretchy and doesn't stick to your finger
4.  ROLL out and form.
5.  Let rise until doubled in size.
6.  Bake at 350 until light brown.
7.  Remove from oven and brush with melted butter



These are the rolls that I always take to anything.  These are what you could call my "company rolls."  

(Betsy-Tacy fans anyone?)

So, I apologize for being misleading in the beginning of this post... wait a minute, no I don't!  I take that back.  I don't apologize.  I enjoyed every minute of it!  







2 comments:

Nathan Beck said...

Did you just say a car is good looking?

Lara's blog said...

I love your sense of humor Anne!