Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Dessert

If you know me AT ALL, you know that I have an almost insatiable sweet tooth.  As a result, a very favorable result, we have Sunday Dessert.  And what is better for a dessert than... CHOCOLATE!!!

Oh, how I love that word.  Just the mere mention of it sends me into visions of ecstasy and delight...

Anyway, back to Dessert.  Which is also a good word.  :)  

Sorry, sorry, I'll pay attention now.  Dessert.  Chocolate.  Got it.  Add to these words a very, very, VERY yummy word.  Cookies.  Can you guess where I'm going now?  

That's right, CHOCOLATE COOKIES

Nothing can make CHOCOLATE COOKIES better.  Unless... did you say... COCONUT?  And CREAM CHEESE?  Oh, now I'm in a tropical Switzerland paradise.  (Can that even happen?)  

So without further ado, here is the recipe to what I like to call...

Mounds Cookies
6 T butter
1 c powdered sugar
1 egg
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
3 t vanilla
1-1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking soda

1.  Beat butter with sugar
2.  Add egg, chocolate, and vanilla.  Stir
3.  Add flour and soda.  Stir
4.  Put in fridge while you make the filling

Coconut Cream Cheese filling

Allow me to dream a minute, will ya?

Coconut...

Cream Cheese...

Heaven in a bite...

Ok, I'm good.  Time for the recipe now.

FILLING:
1/3 c cream cheese
1 t vanilla
1 c coconut

1.  Mix

(Variation:  Mix and eat without the dough.  You can always make more filling.  :)

Roll chocolate dough into a rectangle.
Roll filling into a log
Set filling log on top of rectangle dough and roll dough up.
Slice.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.


If they survive for this long, you can let them cool for 10 minutes.  But I doubt that they'll be there for more than a day.  Trust me.




No comments: