Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More birthdays!

  Wow! Emma turned 11 and Caleb turned 7. What a blessed mom I am!

      Emma was the easiest of all my births. She just came! No doctors, no nurses, just Kendel and me. No pushing. Seriously! I had a few contractions, sat up briefly on the side of the hospital bed, and she came!
      She was as easy a baby as she was a birth. She was smiley, and always happy and cheerful. She is still that way. She is shy in some ways and hates attention outside of home, but she is also very friendly and is always surrounded by a group of giggling girls. She is usually the chief giggler!
      Emma loves to cuddle up to whomever she sits next to (at home.) She is the very worst person to share a bed with due to her tendency to cuddle. But she is great to share a dessert with, or a late night chat, or a funny movie.
      Emma is a great sister, a great daughter, and a great friend. She is talented, smart and pretty to boot! She is teaching Elsa and Caleb guitar, and she plays violin and piano beautifully!  We love our Emmaline!









        Caleb is a quintessential boy! He is loud, rowdy and destructive, which are unusual things for a mother to love, but I do! He is also tender and empathetic, and imaginative, and LOVES to lay on my lap and have his back tickled. He loves lego's and k'nex and is great at building. He reads on an  eighth grade level, and he is learning piano and guitar.
        He decided to start guitar because he wanted soda. Funny story! We attended a guitar recital for the older kids, and their teacher mentioned that they were going to have summer "rock band" workshops in the parking lot. She said it would be fun, everyone should bring their guitar and a soda. Caleb turned to me and told me he wanted to play guitar. I didn't put two and two together, and I put him off, telling him he needed to play piano better first. He did not let me forget. I endured a couple of weeks of begging, and then finally asked him why he wanted to play guitar so badly. He confessed that it was for the soda.



I am so grateful for these children straight from Heaven! What blessings! They are my joy!

    

3 comments:

Lara's blog said...

I LOVE that you take their pictures on their birthdays!! It's something to help them feel extra special. :) What a beautiful Emma and a handsome Bubby. You are a lucky mom!

Spencer and Shreann said...

I am loving all the blog updates you are doing! I feel like I know more about what is going on in your life. :) Happy birthday to you cute kiddos! We love and miss you!

Marie said...



Thanks for reading, sisters mine!